Photography Internship:Ohio Magazine
Department: Art/Design | Updated: 02/10/2017
Ohio Magazine, a publication of Great Lakes Publishing Co., is currently interviewing for a photography intern. The ideal candidate should be entering his/her senior year. We are looking for an energetic and detail-oriented individual to assist Ohio Magazine’s art department. The Photography Intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in the publication industry, work closely with editors and designers on the magazine and receive college credit by completing photo assignments for publication.
This is an unpaid, part-time internship, however, we reimburse for parking or bus pass and mileage outside of Cuyahoga county. Scheduling and hours are flexible. The intern MUST have reliable transportation to and from work and also to travel in the immediate area to photo shoots.
- Complete photo assignments given by department members
- Retouch and color correct images
- Photo research
- Archive files and artwork
- Scan images for print
- Resize and upload images for the Web
- College student working towards a degree in photography or equivalent field
- Knowledge of digital photography and retouching a must
- Must own a working professional quality camera
- Knowledge of MacOS, Adobe CS2-4, Microsoft Office applications
- Must have a reliable form of transportation, as short distance travel will be a part of the internship
- Must take direction and assert ideas quickly
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail necessary in order to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline driven environment
- Design and Web skills a major plus.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and a low-resolution portfolio either by mail or electronically to Rachael Chillcott, Art Director at email@example.com (Online portfolios are also acceptable.) Any submissions without all three criteria will not be considered.No phone calls, please.
Mailing Address: Ohio Magazine, c/o Rachael Chillcott, Art Director, 1422 Euclid Ave., Suite 730, Cleveland, OH 44115
Great Lakes Publishing Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.