Department: Advertising | Updated: February 27, 2020
Please note: The active search for this position has been temporarily put on hold. However, we'd still like to hear from interested candidates, so please feel free to reach out as noted in How To Apply below.
Are you a Champion for Cleveland? Do you enjoy helping people grow their business? Are you driven by producing great work and developing great relationships? If so, Cleveland Magazine may have an opportunity for you. We are looking for an Account Manager to handle advertising accounts for our Cleveland and Quest Digital divisions.
- Prospect for advertising and contract communication services.
- Manage long-standing advertising client relationships
- Attend industry events and network.
- Coordinate advertisers' needs with Great Lakes Publishing policies, procedures and special programs and issues, to explain rates, contractual and business requirements, technical capabilities and to encourage prompt payment of open accounts.
- Write proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; (Degree preference in business, communication, advertising, marketing or related field)
- Media (print, radio, digital or TV) sales or similar sales field experience required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to take and overcome criticism/rejection
- Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline-driven environment
- Must be willing to travel locally
- Must be able to do all of this and still have fun. Please no jerks.
Send cover letter, resume and portfolio link or pdf samples with salary requirements to: email@example.com.