For nearly 50 years, Cleveland Magazine has been a passionate champion for the city by delivering editorial that helps its readers and followers live their best Cleveland life. From new restaurants and exhibits to the best shops and trendiest neighborhoods, Cleveland Magazine is committed to connecting its audiences to the city in fresh and interesting ways.
Cleveland Magazine currently has an opening for a Managing Art Director – Content Marketing. We are a growing, dynamic company looking for a visual storyteller who can design and deliver engaging content both in print and online. As a team, our goal is to work together with our clients to fulfill their vision as well as educate and entertain our audiences.
We are looking for an extremely creative, energetic and organized individual who can lead a team of designers in developing client content from concept to creation. A superior understanding of design concepts, typography, photography and software is key. Web design, photo editing and video editing skills are major pluses. The ideal candidate will work well under deadline pressure to perform routine and complex duties in the preparation and execution of client projects. Customer service or client-relationship experience is also a plus.
- Meets and engages with clients to discuss branding and visual goals
- Designs and produces client projects that meet – and exceed – these goals. Examples of client projects can include magazines, travel guides, maps, apps, websites, media kits, posters, ads and more.
- Manages team of marketing services designers
- Collaborates with project editors and project managers
- Conceptualizes and manages photo shoots
- Manages project art budgets
- Conducts image research
- Takes projects from concept to final delivery
- Maintains and backs up files
- 5 years of design experience
- Outstanding portfolio displaying exceptional skills and creativity
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Familiar with Mac OS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to direct and manage team designers, freelance artists and photographers
- Experience managing photo shoots
- Knowledge of digital photography and retouching
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction and assert ideas quickly
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail necessary in order to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline driven environment
- BFA in design or equivalent experience
Please send a cover letter with salary requirement, resume and pdf samples of your design work to email@example.com. Please use “Managing Art Director – Content Marketing” in your email subject line. No phone calls, please.
Great Lakes Publishing Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer