Cleveland Magazine is looking for motivated and creative photography interns to join our staff.
Photography interns work with art directors to gain experience in product, portrait and food photography. Interns are an integral part of the Cleveland Magazine team, photographing well-established and up-and-coming business owners, chefs, restaurants, shops and products in Cleveland for work published in an award-winning city magazine. Cleveland Magazine crosses several formats, with print, video and digital platforms, and our interns have the opportunity to create content for each of them. Photography interns gain meaningful local connections and meet professional photographers.
Cleveland Magazine hires 2-3 photography interns three times a year for fall, spring and summer semesters.
The internships are unpaid, although we reimburse for parking and compensate for mileage to/from photoshoots. A photography intern for Cleveland Magazine can expect to work anywhere from 10-20 hours a week, and a scheduled will be determined upon hiring. This internship is remote with on-location photoshoots in the Cleveland area.
- Photograph portraits, restaurants and food items, boutiques and products for the print magazine and online stories.
- Assist the art department in collecting sourced and supplied photography for print and web.
- Record video content at photoshoots for social media platforms. Smartphone video quality is accepted.
- Create reel and TikTok videos with guidance from art directors.
- Color correcting to meet printing press standards and resizing images for clevelandmagazine.com
We are looking for energetic and detail-oriented college students working toward a degree or specialty in photography to assist our design team. Candidates should have proficient knowledge of digital photography, photo retouching, Adobe Photoshop and own a professional camera. Lighting equipment is a plus. Knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok and Facebook is preferred.
Send a resume, cover letter and a photography portfolio to Assistant Art Director Abigail Archer at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Portfolios can be sent in URL or PDF format. Specify which semester you are applying for in your subject line. Only candidates being considered will be contacted for interviews.